Why you need a Sales Process
In my last blog, I talked about what a sales process is and what an ideal sales process should be.
Continuing this discussion, let’s talk about the why – Why should you bother creating a Sales Process for your organization… what’s the fuss about?
Having a defined Sales Process has many benefits, here are a few of them:
- Stay on track – When you have a defined process, it’s easier to make sure that every team member follows the correct steps to guide the prospect along the journey and close the sale quickly.
- Measure performance – Sales process helps you create the right metrics to track Sales agent performance.
- Accurate sales forecasts – Since you can track the sales stage of each lead, you are able to forecast your sales numbers more accurately.
- Understand prospects – Having a well-defined process invariably leads to setting up better buyer personas and better research of your prospects.
- Right focus – Since leads are now better qualified, reps can focus on leads that have higher chance of converting.
- No lost leads – Helps sales reps follow up frequently and engage with prospects at the right time reducing the chances of leads falling through the cracks.
- Better customer experience – By mandating the sales process steps you can ensure that reps don’t rush the prospects in order to try and close the sale quickly, which could easily result in a lost sale.
There are many more benefits, but these should be enough to convince you to go ahead and define a new sales process in your organization or take another look at your sales process if you already have one defined.
If you would like to know more about creating sales processes and how ConvergeHub can help you close more sales by helping you implement clear effective sales processes, talk to us.
Or, if you would like to check it out yourself, go ahead and create a free ConvergeHub account here.